STROBON v2 Cree Edition - Navigation Strobe Lights
This product is compatible with the latest FAA and CAA anti-collision lights rules for drones. It can be seen from at least 3 miles at night.
STROBON Lights are the most powerful navigation lights on the model market for years. These Cree Edition lights are brighter and coming in polycarbonate dome and wired.
It's configurable for 5 different patterns!
- Strobe (Legendary Strobon v1 strobe effect. 3 fast flashes like xenon wing tip flashlights)
- Blink (Simulates belly or tail lights. Continuous ON/OFF)
- Heartbeat (standard beacon light pattern, ramp up/ramp down/off)
- Rotating Beacon (perfect simulation of rolling beacons. ramp up/flash/ramp down/off)
- Static (you can use it as landing headlights or static wing-tip lights)
It allows 2 different working modes;
RC Controlled Mode: Plug it on your RC receiver’s any channel for RC mode, then you can enable/disable it over selected servo channel.
Each Strobon counts the servo signals. So, you can plug more than one Strobon to the same RC channel to synchronize them. (check the schematic below)
Standalone Mode: Power it with directly from the battery (3.5-6v) it works on Standalone mode and works continuously.
Because of the human eye's limitations, Every colour has different visibility and energy transfer rate.
Also, every LED colour has different chemical compounds and efficiency.
According to our experience in years;
|WHITE:||The best visibility and efficiency.|
|YELLOW||Same as White but better mist penetration.|
|RED||2th in the visibility, efficiency is the same as white but the best for the warning.|
|GREEN||3th in visibility and efficiency. Best for Standard RED/GREEN (Left/Right) navigation usage.|
|BLUE||4th in the visibility and also efficiency. We are not suggesting this colour for warning or navigation but special usage.|
|IR 850nm||Visible for Night Vision Goggles and surveillance cameras with night mode.|
|IR 940nm||Visible for Night Vision Goggles only. Completely invisible to the naked human eye. Some cameras can see in the short-range.|
Bottom line: White and Red is the best option if you need long-range visible strobes. And you can use the green to identify your flying platform direction. Blue is only for special applications.
- Supply Voltage: 3.5 - 6 volt
- Current Consumption per hour @5V
Strobe: 100mA (<1.5A when flashing)
Blink: 110mA (250ma ON)
Rolling Beacon: 230mA (<1.5A when flashing)
- Diameter: 21.5mm
- Height: 13mm
- Polycarbonate Dome Lens
- Weight: 4.50 gram without wires
- Wire Length: 30cm
All you need a piece of wire or a tweezer to change the pattern.
- Connect two small pads of the Strobon v2 board while it's working (it will not change the pattern when it's OFF)
- It will stop working when you connect these pins and jump to the next pattern when you release the connection.
- That's all.
SCHEMATIC for SYNCHRONIZED & RC CONTROLLED MODE
RC CHANNEL SETTINGS
SCHEMATIC for STANDALONE MODE
Customer Video, Thank you, Steven :)
on Tarot X6
Customer Video, Thank you, Fernando :)
(you can find the instructions and wiring details under the video description)
Customer Video, Thank you, Stan :)